cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: This has got to be a BUG.
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:35:29 GMT

On Mar 18, 2004, at 1:17 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 17.03.2004 21:59, Mark Lundquist wrote:
>
>> Can someone please definitively confirm for me that the 'validate'
>> attribute does not have an effect for <fd:action>?
>
> Yes, a look into SubmitDefinitionBuilder shows that only fd:submit has
> @validate.

Right... or rather, a look into ActionDefinitionBuilder shows that
<fd:action> doesn't have it...

Man, 24 hours ago I knew not of the existence of any of these
classes... but by now I sure do!

BTW, I dug into this a little bit and ended up BZing it myself:
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=27785 .  My
investigation also shows why  a workaround I came up with wasn't
working.  I thought that since action widgets were "triggering"
validation, I would just make them all into submit widgets with
@validate="false", then put my own loop around form.sendForm(), exiting
the loop based on what button the submit came from.  That sure didn't
work, because it isn't that action widgets are "triggering" validation
when they shouldn't be, it's that validation apparently always happens,
and the only thing @validate does is tell the form what to return to
the flow layer — "finished" (i.e. redisplay), or "not finished".

~ Mark