cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [RT] On building on stone
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:26:09 GMT
On 29 Mar 2004, at 17:20, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia -
SPO) wrote:
> De: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
>
>> Yes, totally. And we already have it working and solved with this new
>> container. Why would we trash it to move to JMX? what would that buy
>> us?
>
> Would you put an instrumentation layer on it? If yes, then consider
> JMX.

I believe that we all agreed that the core should be instrumentable by
JMX. I believe there's some confusion here between "instrumenting" the
Cocoon kernel with JMX and using JMX _as_ the core kernel of Cocoon.

I still believe that for Cocoon the first solution is the optimal one,
using a Cocoon-tailored kernel, instrumentable with JMX...

	Pier