cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTG weirdo
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:26:08 GMT
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
>> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>>
>>> Yup, problem is that you can't generate a form definition this way,
>>> since the woody.js call expects a pipeline (as in new
>>> Form("something")), and doesn't accept a bizData object. Too bad.
>>>
>> IIRC Sylvain added support for the bizdata object to the cForms API as
>>  well
>
> Yep. That was one of the main purposes of woody2.js: form.showForm()
> should have the exact same parameters a cocoon.sendPageAndWait(), since
> there are many use cases where the view is the combination of the form
> with some other business data.

Yes, showForm() is fine. The problem is with the form definition file
being loaded as a source (new Form(source)), which rules out the
possibility to pass a bizData object along. I was hoping that JXTG was
able to pick up an object from session/context/whatever and do it's job
inside a pipeline, with no need for argument passing. But it doesn't seem
to be the case.

>>> (note to self: refrain from posting if you'll be unable to follow up
>>> for the next few days...)
>
> CC'ed you directly so that you don't miss this answer ;-)

Thanks a lot. Webmail is - somehow - behaving today. :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo