cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: current CVS: XSP broken
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:42:49 GMT

On Mar 20, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107964359715995&w=4
>>>
>>> Unfortunately there is no response until now.
>>>
>>> Joerg
>> hmmm, probably I'm the only one who still uses XSP, but I'd clearly
>> opt to revert that patch.
>
> Hey, nobody said that it won't be fixed! The question was only in
> which way. It's now working in CVS.
>
> Joerg

Exactly, nobody, neither I did, that was not my concern.
Please take a moment and try to see it from my perspective.

I use the CVS version for developing, and I'm aware of the
implications, that things can change or even break by the ongoing
development process. May be it is just a coincidence, or it may be due
to the fact that you are one of the most active committers - anyhow -
your last commits put my projects in a fine mess. Well, this happens,
it's not the point, absolutely no problem, in general.

Whereas I do have some objections, but these only concern the avoidable
parts of the mess. That's when you _see_ your patch isn't mature at all
  and it breaks core parts of cocoon, or spoils users project
directories (as with bug 27600) and you still don't consider to revert
it.

Anyway, glad to hear you fixed it. Thanks.

/leo