cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Groovy in Cocoon?
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:29:32 GMT
On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 11:40:52PM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Reading the http://www.planetapache.org/ I saw a blog from Sylvain about
> Groovy was acepted in the JCP. The last days Groovy was often cited on the
> list and I need to confes my total ignorance about Groovy. :-(
>
> So I decide to put my nose inside and what I saw is really amazing!
>
> After seeing this: http://groovy.codehaus.org/markup.html
>
> Since I cannot stop thinking in Cocoon, some interesting points comes to
> my mind that would be great using Groovy in Cocoon:

This motivated me to do some digging, and indeed Groovy does look very
intesting.  A friendly, easier (less typing) varient of Java with the
possibility of compiled code with a interpreted-style development cycle
would be very welcome by me. The idea of experimenting with Groovy
flowscript is also very intriguing.

A virtual tall glass of crystal-clear distilled mountain water to
whoever documents step-by-step how to integrate this into Cocoon.

--Tim Larson