cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [portal] Browser back button
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:07:56 GMT
Sorry it took me a while to pickup the latest version
from CVS and test it out, but I did it today and...

1. Removing action-counter does remove the
cocoon-portal-action parameter from the url, but does
not alter the behaviour, so the test case below
produces the same result.

2. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by disabling the
back button, but when I leave action-counter in (and I
do have the latest code) nothing seems to be
different.

Thanks,
-Alex

> It seems that clicking the back button on the
browser causes portal to behave incorrectly.

> For example, in the sample:
>
> 1. log in
> 2. click on "Tab Demo 2"
> 3. click the browser back button
> 4. click on "JSR-168" tab - the portal displays "Tab
Demo 2"

> Is this a bug?

No, this is intentionally :) This is because of the
portal action
counter (note the action counter parameter on each
link). This
number ensures that only events from the last
generated portal
page are processed. If you don't want this you can
remove
this action counter event:
    <event-aspects>
        <aspect type="action-counter"/>
        ..
Remove the <aspect type="action-counter"/> and then it
should work

BTW, I just updated the action so, the back button is
now "disabled"
completly (I hope).

Carsten