cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Empty elements and the XHTML (XML) Serializer
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:39:30 GMT
This thread on the users ml identifies a problem with our XHTML
serialization.  We might be matching the standard, but with current
browsers I do not know of any good work-arounds that do not mess with
the data sent back and forth through things like <textarea />.

(Short summary: <textarea /> does not reder correctly in some browsers,

Should we try to solve this via either adding a new XHTML serializer or
by parameterizing the current XML serializer?  WDYT?

--Tim Larson