cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <>
Subject Re: cocoon:// with readers
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:12:42 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:51:35AM -0800, Mark Lundquist wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2004, at 10:42 AM, Tim Larson wrote:
> >Why does the cocoon:// protocol not work with readers?
> >Am I doing something wrong, or is this a real limitation?
> >
> >I have a <map:match...<map:read.../>/> serving up a text
> >file (not XML format) and am trying to access it from flow
> >to populate a string to set a CForms Field widget with
> >textarea styling to allow editing the text file.
> >
> >Since I will be using web-dav, this will probably not be
> >a problem for me, but it seems like a strage limit on the
> >cocoon:// protocol (assuming I did not just mess up).
> That sounds like this bug:
> ... but it looks like that was fixed in 2.1.4. ?

Thanks for the reply, but I think it is different.

I can load this in the browser:

and hitting the file directly using the "file://" protocol works:
    var text = loadTextDocument("file://c:/tdl/live/training/forms/flow/forms_flow_example.js");

but I get an error with this:
  var text = loadTextDocument("cocoon://training/forms/flow/forms_flow_example.js.txt");

Here is the error:
  cause: c:\tdl\live\training\forms\flow\sitemap.xmap
  (The system cannot find the file specified)

Maybe I am just missing something simple.

--Tim Larson

View raw message