cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Romayev <roma...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [portal] Multiple Portal Configurations in cocoon.xconf
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:12:33 GMT

--- Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
> Alex Romayev wrote:
> > Is it possible to have multiple portal
> configurations?
> Yes, it should be, though I've never tested it :)

Great, I'll give it a show then :-)

> >  I've looked at portal.samplesxconf and
> > authportal.samplesxconf.  It
> > seems that the place to define portals is here:
> >
> > <portals>
> >   <!-- Configure your portals here: -->
> >   <portal name="portal">

<profile-manager>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManag
> > er/Auth</profile-manager>
> >   </portal>
> > </portals>
> >
> > If I want to use the same ProfileManager class,
> should I create a
> > different role here?
> No, just another entry:
> <portal name="anotherportal">

OK, where is this name going to be used?  Is it the
name of the application in sitemap or application's
configuration?

<profile-manager>org.apache.cocoon.portal.profile.ProfileManag
>  er/Auth</profile-manager>
> </portal>
>

> > Now, I don't understand how various portal
> components, like
> > renderers,
> > coplets, etc are linked to the specific portal
> > configuration.  Unless
> > the idea is to use them across portals?
> >
> Yes, this is the current idea - all components
> should be usable in
> each portal (to make the configuration a little bit
> easier :) ). So
> declaring a portal like listed above and using that
> portal in the
> sitemap should do it (hopefully).

One thing I wanted to do was to have both the sample
portal and my portal available in development env and
only my portal available in production env.  I
understand, if I don't build samples in production,
portal configuration will not be available.  At the
same time if I have my own configuration, then in
development it will be conflicting with the sample
one.  Is this correct?  Any ideas on how to get around
this?

Thanks,
-Alex