cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Removing Woody / transition to maintenance
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:48:16 GMT
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:12:58PM +0100, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Tim Larson wrote:
>
> >to let bug fixes (not new features) into the Woody block.
>
> -1 Woody is write protected - either hard (permissions) or soft (by words).

To explain this more clearly, we are temporarily keeping the woody
block as a part of our deployed-base-friendly policies.  This is
motivated by the fact that Woody does have a deployed base, despite its
alpha designation, and like other deployed software (e.g. Cocon-2.0.*)
we should continue to support it for a resonable period.  This usually
means preserving the documentation, fixing minor bugs, and doing any
necessary security updates.  Anything less would (IMHO) be setting a
very poor precedent for our development and maintenance practices.

To summarize, I am changing my vote to:

-1 for locking woody via permissions or CVS (vote, not veto, of course)

+1 for freezing woody except for documentation clarification, security
   updates, and small bugfixes. (freeze via policy, not permissions)

--Tim Larson