cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Removing Woody
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:31:40 GMT
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 03:47:30PM +0000, Tim Larson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 04:21:09PM +0100, Reinhard P?tz wrote:
> >
> > As you may saw I've reverted the removal of Woody. IMO just for now and
> > it should be removed ASAP. So let's vote on this:
> >
> > variant A: remove Woody after 2.1.5 release
> >
> > variant B: remove Woody after 2.1.6 release
> >
> > variant C: leave Woody where it is and mark it as "won't change"
> >

> > Your votes please!
> >
> > --
> > Reinhard
> >

> +1 to freeze the Woody directory via permissions or CVS right now.
> +1 to keep it at least for the 2.1.5 release.
> +1 to query the users ml after the 2.1.5 release to see if
>    there is any reason to keep it for one more release (2.1.6).
>
> We have to remember that even though we state that Woody is alpha,
> there is a pretty large installed userbase already.  We have to be
> nice to them to keep them with us during transitions like this.
>
> Please see my email about documenting practices and policies if
> you wonder why I care so much about this.
>
> --Tim Larson

A few more points:

+1 to keep the Woody* wiki pages and any other Woody documentation
   for as long as we keep the Woody block.
+0 Freeze the Woody documentation.  I only rate this +0 because
   even though the code is frozen, the documentation may still
   need clarifications and fixes.

+1 to let bug fixes (not new features) into the Woody block.

--Tim Larson