cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: From Woody to CocoonForms
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:24:44 GMT
On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 08:38:07AM -0500, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> >Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >
> >>Why the "c" must means something? I think we are missing the point here.
> >>The idea of "CForm" is to allow easy searching on the Net for Cocoon
> >>form.
> >>Just googling:
> >

> >You missed discussion on branding. You suppose to google for "Cocoon
> >Forms" - which means your are searching for Cocoon (brand) Forms
> >(functionality). And *no* Cocoon beginner will search for
> >"abcxyzforms" - because they are beginners and they do not know that
> >instead of searching for "Cocoon Forms" they have to search for
> >obscure keyword, such as "abcforms", or "xyzforms", or "cforms" ;-)
>

> To prove the point:
>
>  http://www.google.com/search?q=cocoon+forms&btnI=I'm+Feeling+Lucky

My worry was not about finding the main pages, but about finding the
emails and comment postings about issues and solutions that people find.
I guess I will not wory too much, because lazy people (aka good
programmers) will shorten the name Cocoon Forms to cforms to avoid
keystrokes and my searching issue will disappear via this informal
process.  Stefano thinks the versioning will not be a problem, and
since I have other things up my sleeve to attend to, I will defer to
his opinion.  Please consider me happy for now.

--Tim Larson