cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alan <alan-cocoon-...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: Momento and Cocoon
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:48:29 GMT
* Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> [2004-03-02 06:07]:

> Please stop replying to me directly, I far prefer if you reply to the
> list, thanks.

Sorry.

> Alan wrote:
>
> >Yes. I choose Saxon to implement XQuery. I'm finding that XSLT is
> >    just as good a query language, that's why I keep using XSLT in
> >    my generator examples. Not mixing concerns, it is data store +
> >    query, which strikes me as resonable parameters to a generator.

> You can use xslt as a template language for generators but it feels akward.

    It makes a lot of sense to me now. XQuery support is there, and
    it works, but XSLT does the same thing, and saves the trouble of
    learning a new language.

> >>I don't know if momento is good enough for what we need, but if we were
> >>to have an xquery processor, a generator is the way to go, not a source.
> >

> >What do you need from Momento?
>
> I need a fast and scalable xquery-capable semi-structured content
> repository.
>
> Can momento provide me that?

    It could. If I were to release it open source. That's the point.
    That's why I'm engaging people on this list.

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/
    aim/yim: alanengrm - icq: 228631855 - msn: alanengrm@hotmail.com