cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alan <alan-cocoon-...@engrm.com>
Subject Re: Momento and Cocoon
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 05:24:24 GMT
* Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> [2004-03-02 03:01]:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> >>The above is somewhat confusing for me. Momento does support the
> >>    JAXP API. XUpdate is implemented as a SAX filter. It seems like
> >>    Momento would work nicely in as a source, sink, or filter for
> >>    SAX events.
> >>        I've imagined that a pipeline would start with a Momento
> >>    document and an XSLT trasform or XQuery query.
> >>
> >>    Something along these lines:
> >>            <map:match pattern="index.html">
> >>          <map:generate type="momento" src="momento.mx"
> >>                                       xslt="index-document.xslt"/>
> >>          <map:transform type="xslt" src="document-to-web.xslt"/>
> >>          <map:serialize type="html"/>
> >>        </map:match>
> >>
> >>    (It is easier for me to express myself as a Cocoon user.)
> >

> >It was already mentioned and I only want to repeat it here: Momento
> >should not be implemented as generator, but as source.
>
> I strongly disagree.
>
> XQuery is simply too complex to be passed as one URL. You should have
> something like
>
>  <generate type="xquery" src="mystuff.xquery"/>

Yes. I choose Saxon to implement XQuery. I'm finding that XSLT is
    just as good a query language, that's why I keep using XSLT in
    my generator examples. Not mixing concerns, it is data store +
    query, which strikes me as resonable parameters to a generator.

> I don't know if momento is good enough for what we need, but if we were
> to have an xquery processor, a generator is the way to go, not a source.

What do you need from Momento?

--
Alan / alan@engrm.com / http://engrm.com/
    aim/yim: alanengrm - icq: 228631855 - msn: alanengrm@hotmail.com