cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: I18N and multiple source files
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:01:52 GMT
Unico Hommes <unico@hippo.nl> writes:

> Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
>
> >Upayavira <uv@upaya.co.uk> writes:
> >
> ><snip/>
> >

> >>Therefore, I think we need an I18N input module. It would do
> >>something like:
> >>
> >><map:match pattern="**/*.html">
> >>  <map:generate src="{1}/{i18n:{2}.{locale}.xml"/>
> >></map:match>
> >>
> >>[NB. I'm not sure if nested input modules are allowed, so the syntax
> >>might need to change, but the idea should be sound]
> >>

> >I believe what you want is:
> >
> ><map:generate src="{1}/{i18n:{2}}.{locale}.xml"/>
> >
> >Or
> >
> ><map:generate src="{1}/{i18n:{2}.{locale}}.xml"/>
> >
> >? (Note the extra }) In any case, that currently doesn't
> work.  You can
> >specify:
> >
> >   <map:generate src="{1}/{i18n:2}.{locale}.xml"/>
> >
> >Which results in the value of {2} being substituted after the module
> >returns so that the value isn't passed to the module but rather down
> >stream, to the consumer of the module output, which seems rather
> >useless to me, in particular if the module is outputting XML.
> >
> >I also have a need for this general pattern, but a quick look at the
> >code did not reveal any easy way to do this.  If you come up with
> >something please post your solution. :-)  We just made a hard coded
> >assumption that so far works for all our use-cases...
> >
> ><snip/>
> >

> I think what you are looking for is the InputModuleAction
> that currently
> resides in the xsp block and which allows you to pass sitemap
> parameters
> to input modules.

For our case we need this as follows:

            <map:match pattern="*/**">
                <map:select type="request-method">
                    <map:when test="POST">
                        <map:call
continuation="{continuationsModule:{2}}"/>
                    </map:when>
                    <map:otherwise>
                        <map:call function="main">
                            <map:parameter name="p1" value="{1}"/>
                            <map:parameter name="p2" value="{2}"/>
                        </map:call>
                    </map:otherwise>
                </map:select>
            </map:match>

I don't see how an action would help here????  At best it could remap
the parameter but it still wouldn't be passed to the input module?