cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Move javaflow into scratchpad was RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/javaflow
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:42:24 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> writes:

> > Okay here another vote(and I wait more than 24h)
> >
> > Move java into scratchpad?
> >
> > [ ] Move it into scratchpad
> > [+1] Leave it where it is
> > [ ] Rename it to _______
>
> (though what I'd really like to see is a more clean separation of
> stable/unstable blocks, possibly with a clear directory hierarchy
> (src/blocks/stable, src/blocks/unstable), a default commented out
> unstable.blocks.properties that Joe User *has* to read to
> compile such
> stuff and some more warning around...

That seems to be more-or-less the real way to handle this: put it in a
block, but have the block not included in the build by default.  That
way, someone new to Cocoon isn't going to stumble across it by
"accident".  More-over if they've got to go into the blocks.properties
file (don't see the need for an extra prosperities file?) to add the
block back into Cocoon it is easy to have a big comment very visible
that says experimental.  IOW, by forcing the user to modify the
properties file you make it obvious the block is experimental...