cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject forms proposal: widget attributes
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:41:04 GMT
I found the possibility to add arbitrairy attributes to widgets, made
possible in the v2 forms flowscript integration, to be a quite nice
feature. However, that feature only exists in the javascript model. This
is a problem when one wants to pass back the form model to java code
that also needs access to the information stored in there.

Therefore I propose to extend the Widget interface with the following
methods:

Object getAttribute(String key);

void setAttribute(String key, Object value);

Implementation-wise, the map needed to store these attributes would only
be created when the first attribute gets set, to minize the memory and
performance impact.

Whether it is possible to automatically store the attributes set in
javascript in the underlying Java widget, I wouldn't know. Chris?