cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] writing my own data type
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:37:31 GMT
On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 19:33, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
<snip/>
> >>Back to the actual problem:
> >>
> >>I extended AbstractDataType and AbstractDataTypeBuilder and copied more or less
> >>the LongType and LongTypeBuilder. But I fail at
> >>
> >>    type.setArrayType(arrayType);
> >>    type.setBuilder(this);
> >>
> >>as these both methods have default access. Is there any specific reason for it?
> >>Even passing arrayType and this to the constructor of my AmountType would only
> >>work if the methods would have protected access. So what about changing the
> >>access of those methods to at least protected, maybe public?
> >

> > protected seems good, I don't know why I didn't make them protected.
>
> I will change it. What exactly are these both methods good or needed
> for? I found only selection lists in relation to the field
> AbstractDataType.builder. My own datatype works without calling both
> methods.

arrayType indicates that the datatype represents an array of objects
(i.e. an array of longs). This is the case for the multivaluefield.

The builder is indeed needed by selection lists, because a selection
list can include a convertor specification, and the builder is then
needed to build that convertor.