cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: forms vs form in woody rename
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:01:15 GMT
On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 18:19, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Bruno Dumon <bruno <at> outerthought.org> writes:
>
> > I'm wondering if there is some logic behind why, while most of the time
> > woody has been renamed to "forms", sometimes it got renamed to just
> > "form".
> >
> > For example:
> > * FormTemplateTransformer instead of FormsTemplateTransformer
> > * "form" for the i18n catalogue name instead of "forms"
> >
> > I find this rather confusing.
>
> It was me and it was by intention. For me names like FormsMessages or
> FormsGenerator sounded strange. Furthermore after the renaming of all occurences
> of Woody to Forms we had inconsistences at that places where we had already Form
> in the woody block, e.g. FormContext, FormManager vs. FormsGenerator and so on
> (an extreme example was MakeFormAction vs. AbstractFormsAction).

I find MakeFormAction vs AbstractFormsAction perfectly logical. The
first one makes a Form instance, while the second one is the base action
for actions related to the "Forms" project. If there is any confusion,
it is caused by naming a project about forms just Forms. (updating the
documentation will be even harder: instead of talking about a Woody Form
object, we'll now have to talk about a Forms Form object)

>  So I renamed
> everything to Form or form instead of Forms and forms.

In my logic, this is wrong, because the project is called "Forms", and
things like the FormsMessages are about the whole of Forms, not just
about a Form. (if this sentence is confusing, try substituting Forms by
Woody)

For me, the word Form refers to a form instance object.

>  Only the package,the
> block and the namespaces have still forms inside.
>
> Do I have forgotten something to change or is even the above described "logic"
> to confusing?

To me it is.