cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Instrumentation, anyone?
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:28:30 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]

> Just keep in mind that everytime you do code generation IDEs that need
> to compile classes to operate (like Eclipse or Idea) choke big time.

Haven't had this experience. All the time things got out-of-date I ran an
Ant script to exec xdoclet. Eclipse saw the 'gensrc' as a source dir and
compiled everything without choking.

> If we can use introspection or dynamic proxying instead, it would be a
> much better thing, IMO, for this very reason.

I think you should worry about tangling. JMX code scattered all over the
place should be avoided in any project for any scenario. If was my choice I
would pickup AspectJ, but it seems to fail miserably with large projects.

--
hammett