cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] - Entry level JSDK 1.4 in Cocoon 2.2
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:28:45 GMT

> From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
>
> But if someone provides a really useful 1.4 thing
> like the mentioned "NIO-based implementation of the persistent store"
> I'm for 1.4 of course.

I'm more of a user than a developer of Cocoon, but I'd say that
if someone can provide a reasonable argument that 1.4 would bring
some useful things, I'd be for 1.4. I.e. no need to implement
the NIO-based store, just some statement to the effect that it
would bring performance benefits.

(In this case, even with non-blocking NIO reads and writes, you'll
still have to wait for the whole store.read() to finish, since the
rest of the system isn't built around a non-blocking architecture.
I therefore think that a NIO-based persistent store will not bring
any significant performance boost without some serious re-architecting.)

/LS