cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Re: [BUG ?] "ModuleHelper is not setup correctly"
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:34:51 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>> OK, I narrowed down the problem. The XSPGenerator object is not
>> re-created when the page is requested the second time. So, the
>> XSPModuleHelper isn't re-initialized. Because its input modules
>> were released at the end of the previous generate() execution,
>> the inputModules map is null and the exception is thrown.
>>

> BTW, as a workaround you can add
>
>   <xsp:logic>
>     _xsp_module_helper = null;
>   </xsp:logic>
>
> at the bottom of your logicsheet.
> This way, the module helper is initialized the second
> time generate() is called.

Thanks a lot.
I explored another workaround, by substituting:
<input:get-attribute ../>
with:
<util:get-sitemap-parameter .../>

Of course I have to pass parameters via sitemap to the XSP... which has
taken me a while to do, but the result was cleaner (I know which
parameters are used by an XSP just by looking at the sitemap); hence,
I'm moderately happy with the outcome

Anyway, this is a bug... who's going to add it to bugzilla, me or you ?

Regards,

      Luca Morandini
    lmorandini@ieee.org
http://www.lucamorandini.it