cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUG ?] "ModuleHelper is not setup correctly"
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:51:12 GMT
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Luca Morandini wrote:
>
>> Today I tried to switch from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3.
>>
>> After the compilation and installation, I fired up an application of
>> mine (which worked perfectly under 2.1.2)... which seemed to work
>> still fine, but... when I re-loaded the same URI, Cocoon gave me an
>> "Internal server error" and the following on error.log:
>

> I get the same error (upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.1.4-dev).
> Did you already find a solution?
>
> It seems to be related to the XSPGenerator and the input.xsl
> logicsheet.

OK, I narrowed down the problem. The XSPGenerator object is not
re-created when the page is requested the second time. So, the
XSPModuleHelper isn't re-initialized. Because its input modules
were released at the end of the previous generate() execution,
the inputModules map is null and the exception is thrown.

input.xsl logicsheet:

       <xsp:init-page>
         // create module cache

[when the page is requested the second time, this is not
executed because the module helper is not null]

         if (this._xsp_module_helper == null) {
            this._xsp_module_helper = new XSPModuleHelper();
            this._xsp_module_helper.setup(manager);
         }

       </xsp:init-page>

       <xsp:exit-page>
         // clear module cache
         if (this._xsp_module_helper != null)
this._xsp_module_helper.releaseAll();
       </xsp:exit-page>

Why is the generator object not re-created?

Thanks in advance!

-- Andreas