cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@rennes.jouve.fr>
Subject Pools and max-objects
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 10:56:00 GMT
Hi cocooners !

Interaction between max-objects defined in cocoon.xconf and the pool-max of poolable
components is not very clear for me. Thanks for bringing me the light :).

Is max-objects the great max of object instances that can live in cocoon, ignoring the
pool-max defined for each object ?
In that case for exemple, if I have 5 poolable objects with pool-max set to 32 and
max-objects set to 100, will I never fill all the pools to max ? If 100 instances of my
objects are created, i'll never get others ?

I've read in the wiki [1] that the max-objects must be set from 4000 to 8000 in
production, that i think well, is more correct than the 100 defaut...

But with a minimal build (datasource, portal and 1 or 2 more blocks), there is at least 5

poolable objects with pool-max set to 32, that could (on heavy load i agree) create up to

160 objects, but with max-objects set to 100, that could never happen, no ?

Thanks for your answers !

[1] : http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonPerformance

--
Olivier BILLARD