cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:40:37 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon to
> > act as a JSR-168 producer.
> > The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> > I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad
> into the block
> > combining both and maintaining everything that belongs to
> the portal
> > in one place.
>
> Blocks will load after Cocoon has started. It seems to me
> that it doesn't make sense to put environment classes, which
> are needed at startup, in a block. Is this a "module" instead
> or am I missing something?

As I said several times :) what we currently call blocks are not
"real-blocks"
in all cases and choosing this as a name for our current situation was imho
wrong. Currently the portal env is in the scratchpad "block"
and this vote is about moving it into the portal "block".
So, we are still discussing pre block things here - nothing more. It might
be that in the far future the current portal "block" provides one module
for the env and one real block for the portal.

Carsten