cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Official access to the current sitemap manager
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:46:36 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> I know this is not exactly the same, but I have a
> SourceFactory that uses
> CocoonComponentManager.getCurrentEnvironment() so that I can
> get access to the current request via the objectModel.  Since
> this method seems to be closely related to
> getCurrentProcessor() and getSitemapComponentManager() I just
> want to make sure my code won't be affected.

Ok I have a good and a bad news :)

The bad one is that you're using private API that should not be
used. Starting with Cocoon 2.2 the whole class (CocoonComponentManager)
is not available anymore!

The good news is that you can access the current object model
by making your component Contextualizable and using the
ContextHelper class.

Carsten