cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From DA...@Nationwide.com
Subject LDAPTransformer
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:32:53 GMT
Hi,

I have 2 "features" that I think would be of great value to the
LDAPTransformer.
I have already begun working on a patch to implement both.

1) In order to use SSL for LDAP (ldaps) while using a JDK prior to 1.4.2,
suggest that an additional optional attribute be added -
"securityprotocol".

Please reference:

http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/security/ssl.html

This outlines 2 methods of making an ssl connects, one using the "ldaps"
protocol, and the other using the "SSL Socket Property", which is not
currently
available in the LDAPTransformer.  Also please note on the page, the
section on
"Using the LDAPS URL" states explicitly that "LDAPS URLs are supported
only in
Java 2 SDK, v1.4.2 and later releases."

If this attribute were set, then it would get set in the env, i.e.

    if (securityprotocol != null) {
        env.put(Context.SECURITY_PROTOCOL, securityprotocol);
    }

12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
2)  Each entry returned needs to have its DN included.  You can not
reliably
reconstruct the dn from the searchbase and an entry's attribute.  In order
obtain the true dn, at the code level you have to do something like:

    String dn = sr.getName() + "," + ldapSearchBase;

What I'm still pondering is whether the dn should simply be returned as an

another attribute (i.e. a sub-element of row-element), or if it should be
elevated to an attribute of the row-element.

Comments on both of these are more than welcome.  And PLEASE let me know
if
anyone has already engaged either or both of these issues.  I did research
both
on Bugzilla and the cocoon-dev archives, and did not find anything
addressing
either of these.

Once I have my patch complete, I will submit it via Bugzilla.

Regards,
David Day