cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] rethinking the cache storage system
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:44:07 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I think a cache storage system is IMHO a very good idea. A
> piece of history:
>
> 1- Initial idea of using jisp:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100781998632619&w=2
>
> 2-is this is still valid?: "B-Tree indexed file vs filesystem
> directory"
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100816638410528&w=2
>
> 3-"The jisp store is definitely better..."
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=101120120825438&w=2
>
> Well, I think all the pointed mails + others in the devel
> maillist clearly stated that it is better have a database in
> the storage than any filesystem. Did we need to retest it again?
>
> So I will be glad if people here seriously consider Apache
> JCS. It is used in many other Apache projects it is from our
> own workshop and it can work with jisp too.
>
> WDYT?

Exactly, we already tried out a store that simply used the filesystem
(with converting a key to several directories). This Filesystem store
is still available somewhere and could be used.
BUT there were several problems (keys to long on windows, performance)
etc. and I think we shouldn't reivent the wheel (otherwise we could
also write our own xml parser etc.).

JCS seems to be a perfect candidate, so why not using it/trying it out?

Carsten