cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [RT] Official access to the current sitemap manager
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:20:05 GMT
I'm wondering if we want to make the access to the current
sitemap (component/service) manager official?

Currently (2.1), we have a static method at the CocoonComponentManager
that allows to get the current sitemap component manager.
This is useful in some scenarios when you want to access a
sitemap component. If your own component is declared not in the
current sitemap but in any parent than usually it can't access
the components declared in the current sitemap.
E.g. the SourceWritingTransformer needs access to the serializers
for writing the content. (Let's not discuss if the SWTransformer
is the best solution for the task it does - it's just one
example).
I think there are other parts already using the unofficial way.

So, the question is: do we want it to make an offical api?

And if yes, how? I personally don't like the static method.
And I would prefer a more indirect way, like making it available
through the Avalon Context passed to a contextualizable component.

WDYT?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG