cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <saschw...@hotmail.com>
Subject FOP with embeded SVG doesn't render at correct size in Cocoon
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:03:55 GMT
Hi
I posted this to the users mail list with no success; I'm hoping someone can
here can point me in the right direction...? In the archives I've seen some
dev discussions of which Batik to use when rendering embeded SVG in FO and
which to use when rendering SVG to PNG/JPEG (but I need to do both...)

I've got a weird problem generating pdfs using FOP from xml containing SVG;
but only when processed through Cocoon (2.1.2). Generation directly with FOP
is problem free.

For viewBox values larger than "0 0 525 525" (you know this is going to be
weird already...) the generated image within the PDF is proportionally
smaller than specified in the svg element's width/height attributes.

For example this renders as a black square filled in red and is 7 in on each
side:

<fo:block text-align="center">
<fo:instream-foreign-object text-align="center">
<svg:svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="7in" width="7in"
viewBox="0 0 500, 500">
<svg:rect x="0px" y="0px" width="500" height="500"
style="stroke-width:1;stroke:black;fill:red"/>
</svg:svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

But this renders as a black edged square filled in red and is ~6 in on each
side:
<fo:block text-align="center">
<fo:instream-foreign-object text-align="center">
<svg:svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" height="7in" width="7in"
viewBox="0 0 600, 600">
<!-- rect sized to completely fill viewBox -->
<svg:rect x="0px" y="0px" width="600" height="600"
style="stroke-width:1;stroke:black;fill:red"/>
</svg:svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>

Of course the data I'm rendering is in a scale requiring viewBox sizes well
over 1000 in width/height.

Has anyone got a pointer for me? I took a look at FOPSerializer and it
doesn't really do anything suspicious...
Thanks
Steve

Click, drag and drop. My MSN is the simple way to design your homepage.