cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: variable substitution in @type attributes
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:58:06 GMT
I think one major point is security or more precise: to detect possible
problems
early on. If you now use a wrong type information, which means address a
component that doesn't exist, you get an exception immediately on startup.
So, you know very early that your application is not correct.

With a dynamic type attribute you defer this to a much later point which
might
be dangerous as well and very hard to find.

Carsten