cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Switching to licence 2.0?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:45:31 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> From: Roy T. Fielding
>
> > > Hey licensing@, can we switch to the 2.0 license right now? Are the
> > > instructions of the wiki correct?
> >
> > I have updated them (they were correct, but were a bit too terse).
> >
> > I really hate having this kind of thing in a wiki.  It should
> > be under http://www.apache.org/dev/
> >
> > Note that antoine has been working on a python script that is
> > available in the committers/relicense module.
>
> --> this seems to be the good news :-)
>
> After reading the instructions I think we have more to do as expected:
> "Should the license be included in source files for documentation (e.g.
> XML that is transformed to HTML)?
> Yes. All source files should include the copyright notice boilerplate
> that indicates it is owned by the ASF and that it is distributed under
> the Apache License, Version 2.0. "
> --> and this is the bad news as we so have much more work as expected
> :-(

Yes, this is a lot of work - and we have to do it on all branches where
we expect new releases, so it might be safer to not only change 2.1.x
and 2.2.x but also the 2.0.x branch.

Anyway, as this seems to be a mass of work, I think we should wait
for the release and switch right after it.

WDYT?

Carsten