cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Schwarz" <>
Subject Re: FOP with embeded SVG doesn't render at correct size in Cocoon
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:18:39 GMT
Thanks for the info.

I tried replacing the Cocoon jars: batik-all-1.5.jar  fop-0.20.5.jar
with the FOP 0.20.5 jars (fop.jar batik.jar) in that case no SVG is rendered
at all because there is a problem with use and url(#), even though the
reference is resolved within the same <svg> element (and resolves correctly
when using FOP standalone...must be relying on different behavior than the
Cocoon URI resolving provides?).

If I just try to use the FOP version of Batik (Cocoon fop-0.20.5.jar) I get
a No Such Method in Batik.

So it looks like Cocoon's version of FOP is using a different (newer?)
version of Batik. But that raises the question, was the Cocoon version of
FOP taken from CVS and is really post 0.20.5 release?

I also tried with the maintenance branch CVS head of FOP with no difference.

I think I'll look into writing a Serializer that invokes the standalone FOP
as though it was an external program so I can pickup the versions of
FOP/Batik I need to make this work.

Thanks for your help,

>From: "J.Pietschmann"
>Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>>Can anyone tell me how the Cocoon fop and batik jar files are generated
>>>and how that is different from the jars supplied with FOP?
>THere were some Cocoon releases which shipped with a different
>Batik jar than the corresponding FOP release, partly due to
>interface changes in Batik which forced FOP to use a CVS
>snapshot. I don't know of the current state, but the latest
>Batik was released after the latest FOP release, if Cocoon
>grabbed the latest Batik jar, there are certainly some differences.

Get fast, reliable access with MSN 9 Dial-up. Click here for Special Offer!

View raw message