cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another call for more automated tests (was: Linotype broken)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:43:31 GMT
Le Lundi, 16 fév 2004, à 11:09 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> ...It might have been discussed before, but I still have this thought
> anyway:
> Isn't it possible to use our nice crawling feature of Cocoon to check
> each link? So, basically we could start Cocoon as a servlet, start the
> crawler and the crawler reports every link (URI) that doesn't produce
> a valid response (throws an exception). I'm not sure, but that should
> only be a bunch of lines and would imho help a little bit.
> WDYT?

I was thinking about a similar thing which would list all test links
and allow us to make a list of what's been tested or not  before a
release.

But you're right, just checking that no links return an error page
would be an improvement already.

Note that some samples (in "system pages" IIRC) do return exceptions by
design, you might need to be able to define these special cases.

-Bertrand