cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:59:28 GMT
Le Vendredi, 13 fév 2004, à 09:45 Europe/Zurich, Bruno Dumon a écrit :

>> ...  1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a
>> while now)
>
> I'm with Joerg here, there's no harm in leaving it sit there for a
> little longer, and there are people using it.
>
> I'd be +1 for removing all its documentation from the site though.

+1
Good idea, strong sign of deprecation

>>   2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this counts as
>> +1
>> to that)

+1

>>   3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon Forms (we
>> should stop calling it woody)
>
> +1 for the rename
> -1 for moving it into core, for the same reasons as Joerg.

Same here, IIRC there was agreement on keeping the core as small as
possible and not everybody needs Forms.

I also agree with doing this soon (i.e. when whoever does it wants to
do it), no need to wait for 2.2 IMHO. Better solidify soon and have
less examples and docs to update. The downside is frustrating some
users but this is alpha stuff, isn't it?

-Bertrand