cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Butler, Mark" <Mark_But...@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Subject RE: [vote] Removing Jalopy
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:12:18 GMT
Steven,

Please can you give more details of what the license problem is? Saxon also
uses aelfred.jar also -  see http://saxon.sourceforge.net/aelfred.html

thanks,

Mark Butler
Research Scientist
HP Labs Bristol
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/marbut

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
Sent: 17 February 2004 14:44
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: [vote] Removing Jalopy

Hi all,

we were reviewing licenses on the PMC list, and hit aelfred.jar, an XML
parser needed for Jalopy (in the tools directory). While the license
apparently might eventually allow for inclusion in our CVS/distribution
[1], we figured to question the necessity of having Jalopy in Cocoon at
all.

I think programmatical enforcement (let alone agreement on the required
rules) of code style isn't likely to happen, nor have we been seeing
much problems with coding style differences.

Let's drop Jalopy. Your votes please.

I'm +1.

[1] please, please check licenses of new libraries and their own
dependency libraries when adding new stuff to CVS!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org