cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Another call for more automated tests (was: Linotype broken)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:02:53 GMT
Le Vendredi, 13 fév 2004, à 16:52 Europe/Zurich, Christopher Oliver a
écrit :

> I noticed the Petstore and Linotype samples were both broken _after_
> the release. I'm not sure what caused this but it'd probably be a good
> idea to test all the samples before releasing next time....

I think we all agree that testing is a good idea, but only a few of us
did report on tests and problems during the last code freeze.

Technically, the solution is obvious: more automated tests will make it
possible to ship known good releases, instead of just hoping for the
best as we have to do now.

Unless people dedicate more energy to writing tests, however, I'm
afraid we are bound to have more buggy releases.

A new test a day keeps the bugs away :-)

-Bertrand,
who'd like everyone here to write at least one anteater test to find
out how easy it is
(http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TestingFramework)