cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: Removing ant from distribution?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:27:03 GMT
I'd like to pitch in on this as a
not-quite-beginner-but-certainly-no-expert-user:

> A strong -1 on this: Cocoon is distributed as source only,
> and all users
> have to build their own binaries. If we remove Ant from the distro,
> we'll loose lots and lots of users that won't know how to
> install Ant,
> set the necessary enviroment variables and all that stuff.

I do have Ant installed and are using it for another project, but it took me
quite some time to realise why I was incapable of running the ant build
script from within Eclipse (also new to me) (errors on <import> tag) while
it worked flawlessly on the commandline.

So if I could vote it would be -1.

Bye, Helma