cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Rhino, setSelectionList and different VMs
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:46:27 GMT

I have an interesting issue that I'd like to see confirmed, since we
suspect Rhino behaves differently under Apple's VM (1.4.2_03) rather
than Linux's - with regards to method overloading (used by the two
possible ways of invoking setSelectionList - with either one or three

The testcase is quite simple:

Try to fill in the *second* form in the new v2 flow api sample of Woody
(the one with the cars -
http://localhost:8888/samples/woody/v2/example) - that should result in
a "No value for xpath: undefined" error when trying to set the Type
selection list after selecting a Make on Linux, possibly also on PC,
but *not* on Apple's VM. (The first form should be just fine - just
press Commit there.)

Then, swap the two jsFunction_setSelectionList methods in
src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/v2/ - making sure the the one with three arguments
(Object objectArg, Object valuePathArg, Object labelPathArg) is first,
and the one with one (Object arg) comes last. Build clean and make
webapp. Test again, and the result should be the inverse of the
previous situation - depending on your host OS.

Can anyone confirm, and hopefully show me some light in the dark?

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message