cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Java continuations with joeq
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 19:47:48 GMT
On 21 Feb 2004, at 19:24, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Well, we actually have to maintain a non-current forked version of
> Rhino (even if pretty stable actually), so I'd much rather change my
> taste (I quite like Javascript flow actually) if that buys me a more
> hassle-free continuation engine.

I'm two of a kind on this: at the very least, JavaScript is a
well-known standardized language, and looking at other uses of Rhino,
it is a well-known and robust library. Too bad about the fork
unfortunately.

Groovy might have more sensible bindings with the Java language, it
looks cool, but it's still a little language ATM. Then again, the
expression language we use in Woody is a little language as well.

Overall, I sense an interest to opt for ASF packages whenever possible.
Both Rhino++ and Groovy aren't (c) ASF, so that point is moot.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org