cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: disabling widgets
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:28:05 GMT

On 25 Feb 2004, at 12:32, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> [...]

So what you are saying is this? :

	1. add appropriate JX-Template conditional statement to my
booleanfield widget
		which will add @readonly="readonly" to the wi:styling if the
condition is met
	2. pass the required BizData to the showform method as required by the
conditional above
	3. use JX-Generator instead of the FileGenerator in my Woody pipeline
to pre-process
		my Woody-Template before it goes to the Woody Transformer

> My question: Is this the way we recommend or do we want to have widgets
> an interface which can be used in order change presentation state?

It is with much joy that I find @readonly is ignored by both Mozilla
and Safari (hoo-bloody-ray!! )

So while the standards are not implemented on the browsers, going to a
lot of effort to add this to Woody will be a waste of time IMHO,
because you would need to hack the widget tags in an
application-specific way.

regards Jeremy

View raw message