cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: excalibur-component
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:43:18 GMT
Le Vendredi, 27 fév 2004, à 11:33 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit
:

> ...Using only released versions as far it makes sense is a valueable
> goal. But additionally I suggest whenever somebody commits a dated
> version he puts the jared/zipped sources into a directory on the above
> mentioned dist architecture...

+1

What would also help when taking a snapshot of something is to always
take yesterday's CVS state, if possible (specifiying a precise time
should also be possible, but I've never used it).

For example, if I do today "cvs export -D 2004-02-26 somemodule" this
is 100% reproducible later, whereas if I just do "cvs export" and there
are some changes later today, someone using "-D 2004-02-27" later on
might get something different.

Hope I'm being clear ;-)

-Bertrand