cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon + "private" project + CVS use, best practice?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:51:57 GMT
On 02 Feb 2004, at 15:37, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

> What I do now is modify the files in a running Tomcat webapp to quickly
> test/develop. I really like this due to the speed of development.
> Following
> the setup of the Wiki page, I will loose this speed. I'll think this
> over,
> but if anyone has comments please provide them.

Rant: I have lost precious files on several occasions using this
practice. I know many people use this practice since it's easy, but
it's not foolproof. At the office, I get almost physically abused if I
mention the practice, let alone use or advocate it. :-)

There even exist 'backcopy' or 'sync' Ant tasks supporting this
practice. Forrest had one IIRC, but now they support in-place editing
for most of the website content.

But as they would say in Dutch, "efkes flink zijn" seems more sensible.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org