cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: XQuery support?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:08:50 GMT
On Feb 10, 2004, at 3:33 AM, Alan wrote:
> Saxon provides kickin' XQuery support. eXist is supporting XQuery as
>     well, but I've not worked with it yet.

Have played with an embedded eXist some and found some annoying quirks
(crap handling of namespaces, mostly) but as long as you don't ask
anything too complicated of it, it seems to work very well. I haven't
played with the 1.0 beta yet so they may have fixed the namespace
issues (one of the big ugly ones is the "throw an exception because we
haven't implemented this, but make it a generic exception with no
explanation" type problem) I was hitting -- I never got a response on
the mailing list to the problems though =/

-Brian