cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning up unused namespace declaration
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:18:29 GMT

On 8 Feb 2004, at 21:37, Conal Tuohy wrote:

> I don't know if you can configure the xml serializer to drop a
> namespace
> (seems unlikely, because such namespace might not be used until the
> end of
> the document, for all the serializer knows, so it wouldn't be safe
> without
> buffering the entire output document to check).
>
> But typically you should suppress the namespace in the XSLT which
> converts
> the dir:* content into xhtml, using the exclude-result-prefixes
> attribute of
> the xsl:stylesheet or xsl:transform element. This works for me - I just
> checked! :-)

Yeah, well, that doesn't help me because I have the namespace
declarations already there in the document I want to process and it
appears that xsl:copy copies over the namespace declarations everytime
and it's not influenced by exclude-result-prefixes.

And this isn't true if you use <xsl:element name="{name()}">, which
feels hacky, but what the hell.

[read http://www.xslt.com/xsl-list/2002-02/msg00026.html for more info]

--
Stefano.