cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Goal of the Cocoon TLP
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:01:14 GMT
On 05 Feb 2004, at 11:54, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> My first thought while reading this was that I'm really unsure if we
> need
> such limitations. Honestly, I don't know.

Well, it has been repeatedly suggested by the board, and I think their
point is fair. We should be able to describe what we do in a more
generic sense. Look at the recent logging/portal TLP efforts. I've even
been daydreaming whether the Cocoon portal shouldn't cross-liaise/find
common grounds with the new portal TLP, but that's irrelevant to this
discussion.

> What happens if we "forget" something in this mission statement?

Then we need to change and defend the chance to the board. No biggies,
me thinks.

> And if we really need this, at least a category for tools is missing.

+1

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org