cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon][PMC:VOTE/Release] Check 'em out!
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:32:06 GMT
Couple of nitpicks:

excalibur-logger-1.1-src.(tar.gz|zip)
     doesn't actually contain the sources...

avalon-fortress-tools-1.1.jar
     still contains some test-cases
     (org/apache/avalon/fortress/testcase/FortressTestCase.class)

avalon/fortress/container/impl/extensions/package.html
avalon/fortress/container/impl/factory/package.html
     JavaDoc complains and generates 2 errors
     "Body tag missing from HTML"

On a "related" item... Can the excalibur-instrument-manager-1.0.jar
split up in two? It contains references to the AltRMI project, which is
in incubation, without any release, and so on and so forth...

I'm trying to do a "clean build" from all released sources, and for the
"Avalon/Fortress/Excalibur" core that's the only thing I require but
that doesn't have a release...

I know it's stupid, and that it's not even used, but that's the only
thing that somehow sneaks in and makes us depend on "something" which
doesn't have a release (if you wanted to build world from sources)

By the way, if someone wants to take a look at the javadoc for
Avalon/Fortress/Excalibur and related friends, here are all 45
megabytes:

http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/avalon/

And I'm starting to get scared as this is bigger than J2EE :-)

	Pier