cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: A Decision on Jisp
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:33:09 GMT
On 23 Feb 2004, at 16:20, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

> Jisp's license scheme will remain intact, for now. The model I'm using
> has been successful for myself and others. Identifying Jisp solely
> with Apache would, I believe, limit its scope and my freedom to
> develop it as I see fit.

Thanks for your thoughtful answer, Scott, and for coming up with a
final conclusion. I think you understood well where our interests are,
and we do respect yours. Sorry to hear it doesn't work out for now, but
that's life.

Thanks for the visible amount of empathic energy that went into this
discussion - it is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, we will now have to look for Jisp alternatives in
Cocoon. I'm confident we'll get there. Needless to say, we'd rather not
want to do this, but we respect your decision. We now have to think
about our own users.

As suggested previously: could you please remove the ASF link from the
Jisp page?

Best regards,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org