cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Rottmann, Lars" <>
Subject AW: Browser based content in a multi-sub-sitemap system
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:55:37 GMT

This is exactly what we do, too. We have put our device-dependent stuff into
one resource and saved it in a separate file. This file is included as an
XML entity in the main sitemap and every subsitemap.

Example (put it right in front of the <map:sitemap ...):

<!DOCTYPE map:sitemap [
    <!-- "devout.xml" is seperated, so that the contained "devout"-
         resource can be made available in sub-sitemaps -->
    <!ENTITY devout           SYSTEM "devout.xml">

Include the file in the <map:resources>:

  <!-- "devout.xml" contains device-output resources -->

You need to do that in every sitemap you use. Although it is not nice it
works. Some kind of inheritance of resources would definitively be

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Carsten Ziegeler []
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Februar 2004 14:12
Betreff: RE: Browser based content in a multi-sub-sitemap system

Perhaps not the best idea, but you could use XML entities to include the
resources part.

Vodafone Global Content Services Limited
Registered Office:  Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire  RG14 2FN

Registered in England No. 4064873

This e-mail is for the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not distribute, disclose, copy, use or rely on this e-mail or its
contents, and you must immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
and all copies from your system.  Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.  The
information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally

View raw message