cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Is this a known bug in 2.1.3?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:05:24 GMT
I'm having a problem with Cocoon 2.1.3, so I tried my test case against
a Cocoon built from one of today's snapshots.  The problem doesn't
occur in the latest Cocoon.

My apologies for not being able to figure out on my own whether this is
a known bug; I queried Bugzilla and looked at a lot of bug summaries,
but nothing jumped out at me.

I'm hoping that if this is something that was intentionally fixed since
2.1.3, someone can point me in the right direction with enough
information to help me figure out how to make my own patch to fix this
in 2.1.3.

The problem: if I create a form in flow and save it in the session like
this:

	cocoon.session.setAttribute ('form', form.form);

...then try to retrieve it in the WoodyTemplateTransformer like this:

	<wd:form-template location="getAttribute($session, 'form')"...

I get an exception thrown:
	org.xml.sax.SAXException: Object returned by expression
"getAttribute($session, 'form')" is not a Woody Form.

I have a really tiny (<4K zipped tarfile) test case that suffices to
demonstrate this problem.  I have not attached it here, but I can
provide to anyone who might be interested.

Many thanks to you all for all your great work on Cocoon.
- Mark Lundquist